Sunday, December 16, 2007

2007 season isn't over yet...

After nine months of near perfect Sundays the weather gods seem to be playing practical jokes on us: Ice storms and another smaller ice storm and now a major snow storm. I've missed two of the last three Sundays at the Ann Arbor Sunday Artisan Market and I'm feeling a bit sad and irritable about it. When I'm home on Sundays, instead of at the market, I feel as though I'm suppose to be some place else. Yeah! Because I am...I'm suppose to be at the Market chatting with customers and my fellow vendors and generally having a good time and making some money at the same time.

I have to laugh at myself because so many people asked me if I would be at the Market through December and I answered, "Unless there is a blizzard, I'll be here." I should be more careful what I say. A blizzard, or what passes for one in Ann Arbor, is about the only thing that would keep me away. I love being at the ARTisan Market. I love the people who come to visit and shop with us and I love talking and laughing with my fellow vendors. The cold isn't so much a problem, but the big snow and ice have been.

But...it isn't over yet. We have one more Sunday, the 23rd, next Sunday. The vendors are planning a party to celebrate the completion of another year at the Sunday Artisan Market. That is fifteen years, I believe, that the market has been a part of Ann Arbor and the KerryTown area. I know there will be shoppers looking for that very special something that they can't find at the big box stores. That's what we have at the Market, special, mostly one-of-a- kind, hand made jewelry, hand dyed scarves, unique ceramic pieces, special soaps, excellent photography, and lots more.

So, this is a call to vendors and customers alike. Let's make that last Sunday of 2007 a special one. Come on down to the Farmer's Market Pavilion next to KerryTown. It's time to party and celebrate the season no matter what the weather (well, ok, within reason).

See ya there. Jane